Excitement Builds for Sustainable Furnishings Council’s 10th Anniversary Celebration
Edenton, NC — The Sustainable Furnishings Council’s 10th Anniversary Celebration is shaping up to be one of the most celebratory, informative and must-attend events of fall High Point Market. Everyone is being invited to attend – RSVP online.
The fête, set for 6 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 21, at The Lofts at Union Square in High Point, will connect manufacturers, retailers, interior designers and affiliate partners who will be greeted by interior designer, home furnishings licensee and television personality Libby Langdon as master of ceremonies.
An evening of robust programming will mark the milestones achieved in 10 years by SFC, an organization that has grown from a handful of like-minded and passionate advocates to a 400 member-strong non-profit that offers consumer guidance; educational programming, including the industry’s first certificate program in sustainability; exclusive consumer research; and more.
During the Oct. 21 anniversary celebration — portions of which will be broadcast via Facebook Live — attendees will be treated to:
- A personalized recorded message from former U.S. Vice President and environmental advocate Al Gore, who will commemorate the Sustainable Furnishings Council’s accomplishments. The message will be introduced by Mitchell Gold of Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams.
- The announcement of the SFC’s #GetYourGreenOn design competition winners. This new design competition celebrates interior designers and firms who specify products of SFC manufacturer members.
- An announcement about a consumer-facing quality mark initiative that will help consumers find furniture that’s free of persistent organic pollutants, or POPs. The American Sustainable Business Council, the Center for Environmental Health. and Parsons The New School Healthy Materials Lab are among SFC’s illustrious partners in leading this initiative. Guests at the event will be invited to join in taking a pledge to ask about POPs in products before they make a furniture purchase.
- An update from the World Wildlife Fund regarding its Wood Scorecard Project, which investigates how much the furniture industry knows about where its wood resources come from, and identifies companies that have robust wood sourcing policies in place.
- A raffle offering luxury vacations, fine art, jewelry and other exciting prizes.
- Local and organic food prepared by 1618 On Location, a Greensboro, NC-based enterprise that also parks a food truck near Market at Suites at Market Square during High Point Market.
- Entertainment by Federico Pivetta & Friends, a local band that will play jazz and swing and entice attendees to cap off the evening with dancing.
The Sustainable Furnishings Council’s 10th Anniversary Celebration is proudly sponsored by the following companies and brands: Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Home Furnishings, Room & Board Furnishings, The Saatva Company, International Market Centers, Hearst Design Group, Furniture World magazine, Organic Spa magazine, Interiors magazine, Dwell magazine, World Wildlife Fund, Home Trends & Design, Lee Industries, American Leather, Vanguard Furniture, Feizy, Naturecast, Rainforest Alliance, Jaipur Living, Underwriter Laboratories, Kreber, Currey & Company, Phillips Collection, ReSTYLEsource, Nine Muses Media LLC, Weston Farms, Cisco Brothers, Simply Amish, Phil Kean Group, Dann Foley Lifestyle Group, Gat Creek, Wellness Within Your Walls, Durham Furniture, Nourison, Avangard Innovative, Gotcha Covered, Greenington Furniture, Crypton, Brentwood Classics, The Lofts at Union Square, Bee, Selamat, French Heritage, Copeland Furniture, Circle Furniture, Naturepedic, American Sustainable Business Council, and E.J. Victor. All are invited. Responses required by October 1.
About the Sustainable Furnishings Council
Sustainable Furnishings Council is dedicated to promoting healthy environments inside and outside, providing the most comprehensive information on environmental, safety and health issues in the home furnishings industry and championing initiatives that improve products and processes. The SFC and its qualifying members respond to environmental and social issues and offer specific information to consumers, the media and other partners.