News release written by Ante4Autism and published, unedited, by BedTimes
Ante4autism has enormous turnout Sunday night, raising over $100,000
Celebrities, poker players, furniture industry executives
enjoy a festive evening raising $$ to help Autism charities
Las Vegas, Jan. 23, 2017: The 9th Annual Ante4autism event was held last evening at the Golden Nugget. The Grand Champion this year was Tim Wolf from Maxime, 2nd place went to Tim Acker, a Las Vegas resident, and 3rd place went to Jim Agate of Agate Printing.
Celebrities, professional poker players, Las Vegas residents and furniture industry attendees enjoyed a fun evening, while raising over $100,000 to support 5 Autism charities!
Celebrities Jose Canseco, Jacqueline Laurita, Erik Aude, professional poker players Frank Kassella, Karina & Chip Jett along with many of their fellow celebs and poker pros mingled with local Las Vegas players and furniture industry players and raised $100,000!
“It was another record event,” said Co Host Myra Stone. “We had close to 200 players and hundreds of bystanders watching the celebrities and checking out the action,” Myra added.
Todd Wanek, CEO & President of Ashley, put it best: “We support this event to help the families and to help find the cause and a cure for Autism.”
Co-Hosts want to thank all the sponsors, players and supporters for the 9th Annual event.
The Presenting sponsor for the event was Leggett & Platt Inc., and the Final Table was sponsored by Symbol Mattress.
We also want to thank the following companies and individuals:
- $10,000 Double Diamond Sponsor: Ashley Furniture Industries Inc.,
- $5,000 Diamond Sponsor: Karl & Cathi Glassman,
- $2,500 Platinum Sponsor: Elfa International, APAR Management, Eclipse & Eastman House, Protect A Bed, A. Lava & Son, High Risk Pregnancy Center of Las Vegas, Planned Furniture Promotions,
- $1,000 Gold Sponsors: BoxDrop Mattress & Furniture Direct, Roger Magowitz, Mantua Manufacturing, Restonic Mattress Company, Shari Wagner, Angelique Clark, Custom Fundraising Solutions, Myra Stone & Monnier Furniture,
- $500 Silver Sponsors: David Deye, Coconis Furniture, CFS of Indianapolis, Janet Pickett & Jim Ruwe, Furniture Fair, Creative Ticking, Maxime Knitting, Big Sandy Superstores, Gary Fazio, Richmond Furniture Gallery, Larry McKay, Jones Fiber,
- $250 Bronze sponsors: David Wachendorfer, Great American Furniture Services, Judi & Kerry Lebensburger, Cranes Mattress Superstore, Englander, Kevin Toman.
The Autism charities that will split the proceeds are:
- Autism Speaks,
- National Autism Association of Southeast Ohio,
- Bike to the Beach,
- Lettuce Work,
- Families for Effective Autism Treatment of Southern Nevada (FEATSONV).
Co-Hosts for the 9th Annual event include: Karina Jett, Professional Poker Player: Allen Parvizian, APAR Management, LLC: Myra Stone, Independent Representative: Randy Coconis, Coconis Furniture; Stuart Carlitz, Eclipse International; Phil Miner, Symbol Mattress; Mike McQuiston, Symbol Mattress; Jerry Williams, Box Drop Mattress & Furniture; Anthony Mehran, Huffman Koos Furniture; Joseph Amato, Rock N Roll City Mattress and Doug Krinsky, Brooklyn Bedding.
Autism spectrum disorders are diagnosed now in 1 in 68 children in the United States, and 1 in 42 boys. It is very important we continue to help all the families impacted by Autism in any way we can.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW: We hope to see everyone at the 10th Annual Ante4autism poker tournament, Sunday, January 28!