Mattress Recycling Council concludes industry survey

Mattress Recycling Council concludes industry survey

The Mattress Recycling Council received 165 responses to its first-ever industry survey, which it conducted last summer. While a majority of the responses were from retailers, the manufacturers that participated in the industry survey helped the nonprofit organization understand how MRC is perceived and how it can better communicate to this segment of the industry […]

How bedding sellers can recycle mattresses in MRC program states

How bedding sellers can recycle mattresses in MRC program states

The Mattress Recycling Council’s Bye Bye Mattress program provides no-cost recycling for public and private entities that discard mattresses and box springs that were used and discarded in the state. If you sell mattresses directly to consumers in California, Connecticut or Rhode Island, here’s how you can start recycling the units you take back from […]

MRC issues 2016 California Annual Report, shows Bye Bye Mattress program success

MRC issues 2016 California Annual Report, shows Bye Bye Mattress program success

In its inaugural California Annual Report, the Mattress Recycling Council reported it diverted 955,059 units and more than 29 million pounds of material from landfills in 2016. Approximately 40% of the mattresses collected for recycling were obtained from retailers and other large-volume users such as hospitals, hotels and universities. The remaining 60% came from the […]

Give Opinions on Mattress Recycling Programs Through Short Survey

Give Opinions on Mattress Recycling Programs Through Short Survey

The Mattress Recycling Council has released an industrywide survey that will help the nonprofit improve its customer service and communication efforts. MRC asks manufacturers and retailers doing business in MRC’s Bye Bye Mattress program in California, Connecticut and Rhode Island to rate their experience with MRC and its resources. Those in states without MRC’s programs […]

Justine Fallon Promoted to MRC Operations Manager

The Mattress Recycling Council has promoted Justine Fallon to operations manager to oversee the mattress recycling programs known as Bye Bye Mattress in California, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Based in the Northeast, she is responsible for leading MRC’s day-to-day operations and managing the program coordinators as they work with their state’s municipalities, retailers, transporters and […]

Redesigned Mattress Recycling Council Websites Feature Easier Navigation

Redesigned Mattress Recycling Council Websites Feature Easier Navigation

The Mattress Recycling Council recently launched a redesign for Mattress-RecyclingCouncil.org and gave ByeByeMattress.com a new look.  “We hope the change to MattressRecyclingCouncil.org has made it easier for mattress retailers, waste and recycling industry professionals, and other stakeholders to take the actions needed to comply with the law and participate in the program,” an Mattress Recycling Council news […]

ISPA and MRC Address Mattress Recycling Issues on Global Stage

ISPA and MRC Address Mattress Recycling Issues on Global Stage

Mattress recycling is a growing issue worldwide. This January, leaders of the International Sleep Products Association and the Mattress Recycling Council had an opportunity at IMM, an international interiors show, in Cologne, Germany, to connect and share best practices with representatives of recycling programs in other countries. The German mattress industry association traditionally has hosted […]

Bye Bye Mattress Program Celebrates 1 Million Recycled Mark

Bye Bye Mattress Program Celebrates 1 Million Recycled Mark

The Mattress Recycling Council has a lot to celebrate. With a successful first year of mattress-recycling programs in California, Connecticut and Rhode Island, MRC’s Bye Bye Mattress program has kept more than 1 million mattresses out of landfills, plus much more, MRC officials said during a program Jan. 24 at the Winter Las Vegas Market […]

Mattress Recycling Programs Create Successful Solutions

Mattress Recycling Programs Create Successful Solutions

Twenty months. Three statewide, sustainable mattress-recycling programs. One million-plus beds kept out of landfills. It adds up to a winning combination. BY JULIE A. PALM Three new statewide recycling programs in California, Connecticut and Rhode Island have recycled more than 1 million mattresses and box springs in less than two years—a significant achievement for the […]

1 2 3 10