Global Systems Group, the machinery division of Carthage, Mo.–based industry supplier Leggett & Platt, will introduce new pieces and demonstrate a wide array of mattress machinery at Interzum Cologne, set for May 25–28 in Cologne, Germany.
“Mattress factory production methods are not the same as they were only a few short years ago,” GSG said in a news release. “Lean manufacturing, Kaizen methods and work–cell manufacturing are replacing traditional large batch manufacturing styles to improve efficiencies in response to new profitability concerns. New equipment from GSG has been designed to satisfy all your current needs.”
Among the new machines GSG plans to introduce during Interzum are a single–needle quilt machine; a more versatile panel cutter with automatic cut, trim and sew; zipper equipment; and what the company called “the fastest wrapping machine on the market.”
“One GSG machine is so very different, so very innovative, full details will only be revealed at show time,” GSG said.
Products to be on display, by brand:
- Gribetz International will show its top multineedle quilt machines for manufacturers still desiring high–speed production and versatile product changes. For those that still desire the ultimate in versatile production freedom, Gribetz will demonstrate the industry’s fastest and most versatile quilters—the B–45 border quilter, Reliance M4, Paragon M+ and Axiom.
- Porter International will demonstrate a wide selection of its equipment, including the three–in–one GPT–1000AP ruffler, FPT–1000 faux pillow–top machine and PFM–4000 flanger. Porter also will display the new PCL–1000, a Cinch–loc® pillow–top machine used to create ruffled pillow–tops with the pull of a drawstring.
- Recently acquired by GSG, Galkin Automated Products will make its first appearance in the GSG booth. Galkin will demonstrate its belt–driven flanger, the X–5 high–lift flanger. For the first time at Interzum, the belt–driven X–5 will operate alongside Porter’s “walking foot” flanger, the PFM–4000, to allow mattress makers to better compare the two. Galkin also will offer an updated semiautomatic EFS–100 serger–flanger with automated turning arm and automatic measure, as well as other sewing room equipment.
- The Mattress Master Elite is the latest addition to the semiautomatic tape–edge machines from Gateway Systems. “This is the only machine in its class that uses an engineered and optimized curved turning arm for a smooth motion turning the mattress during the taping operation,” GSG said. Gateway Systems also will display other cutting and sewing equipment.
- “There is a new interest in zippers throughout the mattress industry and Nähtec has new machines for the task,” GSG said. Two new systems, the NC 1009–5 and NC 2030, will be shown. Nähtec also plans to demonstrate a redesigned model of the KL 222 panel cutter with automatic cut, trim and sew capabilities behind a Gribetz quilter.
- GSG’s European partners, Merello and Teknomac, will show alongside GSG. Merello will showcase its mattress packaging system, the ME–104, as well as several other packaging solutions for bedding products. Teknomac will display another style of packaging machine, the TK306A roll–pack. Teknomac also will show specialized mattress equipment and a new single–needle quilt machine, the Motif.