The attention-grabbing Better Sleep Month campaign, “Are You Better in Bed Than …?” tunes into sleep as a status symbol
ALEXANDRIA, VA—April 3, 2018—As part of its ongoing effort to help consumers understand the importance of a good night’s sleep, the Better Sleep Council (BSC), the consumer-education arm of the International Sleep Products Association (ISPA), is launching an edgy campaign for May’s Better Sleep Month.
The attention-grabbing Better Sleep Month campaign, “Are You Better in Bed Than …?” will tune into the growing trend of getting seven to eight hours of quality sleep per night as a status symbol. Through the campaign, the BSC will leverage Better Sleep Month as an opportunity to get everyone bragging about how good they are in bed—as it relates to sleep, of course.
“Over the past few years, we’ve seen a shift in how consumers talk about sleep,” said Mary Helen Rogers, vice president of marketing and communications for ISPA. “In the past, people tended to brag about their lack of sleep. But today’s consumers—in particular, the emerging millennial market—understand the importance of a good night’s rest, even boasting about how many hours they sleep. We’ve seen that quality sleep has become a status symbol among consumers, and we’re looking to tap into that trend and join the conversation to help consumers learn more about how a supportive mattress figures into getting their best rest. Better Sleep Month is an excellent opportunity to educate consumers about the sleep environment, ultimately leading to more productive conversations with retailers when consumers are mattress shopping.”
The BSC will offer consumers numerous ways to get involved in Better Sleep Month, including:
- Get daily tips and inspiration through posts on the BSC’s Facebook and Twitter channels, featuring BSC consultant, R.N. and certified sleep educator Terry Cralle’s “31 Ways to Be Better in Bed!”
- Participate in weekly “sleepstakes” on the BSC’s Facebook page with opportunities to win Amazon gift cards
- Read weekly posts on the BSC’s blog
- Check out partnering lifestyle bloggers’ sleep-related content, including material from BSC spokeswoman Lissa Coffey
- Learn about what consumers do in bed, their habits and more through the release of the BSC’s new survey results
- Take the Better Bed Quizzz
- Sign up for the new BSC newsletter.
Here’s how you can participate:
To learn more about Better Sleep Month, visit BetterSleep.org starting May 1.
About the BSC
The Better Sleep Council is the consumer-education arm of the International Sleep Products Association, the trade association for the mattress industry. With decades invested in improving sleep quality, the BSC educates consumers on the link between sleep and health, and the role of the sleep environment, primarily through BetterSleep.org, partner support and consumer outreach.
Mary Helen Rogers
501 Wythe St.
Alexandria, VA 22314