Please note: ISPA wants to hear about challenges and successes in supplying critical equipment needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you encounter government regulatory problems where we might be able to help, or if you have ideas on how ISPA can further assist the industry in its efforts to help, contact Grant Johnson, ISPA policy and government affairs, phone 571-635-6302, email email@example.com. Find more information: ISPA COVID-19 Member Resources page
Direct-to-consumer organic bedding maker Avocado Mattress LLC has converted part of its cut-and-sew facility in Los Angeles to face mask production. Its washable, cotton masks can be used by individuals who want to cover their faces to reduce disease spread, but are not medical-grade N95 face masks required by healthcare workers.
Masks are available for purchase at the company’s website and are being produced and sold at cost.
The Hoboken, New Jersey-based company also said it has additional crisis manufacturing capabilities at its Los Angeles plant and would be able to supply hospitals, quarantine centers and other facilities with the following products:
- Temporary/disposable mattresses (for shelters, temporary housing, etc.)
- Reusable/washable sheeting
- Waterproof wedge pillows, toppers, and disposable/inexpensive pillows
- Disposable protective garb (booties, smocks, etc.)
- Contact the company by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.