The Mattress Recycling Council is holding an informational webinar Dec. 16 to educate mattress makers about the Sleep Products Sustainability Program (SP2 for short). The free SP2 program for California mattress manufacturers helps participants reduce waste, save money and increase operational efficiency. It offers training and certification to manufacturers in California that want to improve operations at their production plants, distribution centers, warehouses and/or offices.
Plan on attending this helpful webinar — “Reduce Waste and Increase Efficiency with No-Cost Sustainability Program” — Wed., Dec. 16 at 11:30 a.m. Pacific.
Manufacturers who complete the program, earn an SP2 facility certification. The no-cost training program* guides participants on how to set, achieve and maintain sustainability objectives by examining:
- The nature and designs of the products they manufacture
- The raw materials they manage and consume in manufacturing and distributing those products
- The energy, water and other resources needed in the manufacturing and distribution processes
- Management and minimization of waste products generated at each stage in the manufacturing and distribution processes
- How the products they manufacture today are managed at the end of their useful lives by recyclers
For additional information about SP2 and how your business can benefit, visit the Mattress Recycling Council website, or contact Kate Caddy, MRC operations coordinator, by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 571-279-7366.
MRC is a nonprofit organization founded by the bedding industry to administer legislatively mandated statewide recycling programs in California, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
*Virtual training and certification is available.