Spring Air East, led by President Bill Spudis, has earned the first Licensee of the Year Award from Boston–based licensing group Spring Air International.
Spring Air also has honored eight salespeople for their work in 2010. All the awards were presented during the Las Vegas Market in January.
The Licensee of the Year Award honors the best performance in sales, manufacturing quality and participation in the overall licensing group and was chosen by senior Spring Air staff.
“As a new licensee in our group, Spring Air East had the difficult task of reinventing itself and redefining its organization in a short period of time,” said Rick Robinson, Spring Air president. “But Bill Spudis and his team never hesitated to make the financial and emotional investments necessary for such a transition. As a result, their transformation and contribution to the Spring Air brand and company has been stunning.”
Spring Air East is operated by Pennsylvania Bedding in Old Forge, Pa.
Each Spring Air licensee set its own criteria for choosing its Salesperson of the Year and named the winning representative from its organization. Criteria included total sales, new account openings and percentage of Back Supporter sales to total sales, among other factors. The winning reps and their locations:
- Bob Coppola, Spring Air New England, Chelsea, Mass.
- Bill Furry, Spring Air Midwest, Columbus, Ohio
- John Lane, Spring Air Northern California, Fresno, Calif.
- Thomas Przylucki, Spring Air Texas, Carrollton, Texas
- Mike Reilly, Spring Air Southern California, Commerce, Calif.
- Ralph Rezac, Spring Air Midwest, Toledo, Iowa
- Bill Wallace, Spring Air South, Cameron, S.C. and Atlanta
- Lori Webster, Spring Air Mountain States, Salt Lake City.
Spring Air International has 13 U.S. factories and operates in 33 countries.