Milwaukee-based Verlo Mattress, a factory-direct retailer and franchisor, has reopened four of its five corporate-owned stores following a two-month closure due to COVID-19. All five stores are located in Wisconsin where the state’s Department of Health Services recently unveiled a Badger Bounce Back program (https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/prepare.htm) for the gradual, phased reopening of the state.
In a news release, Verlo said it has made a series of changes to store operations to protect customers and staff. It has recommended that all Verlo franchisees adopt these practices as well. The company now is scheduling private appointments for shoppers and limiting the number of people in a showroom to five, or a single family, at any one time.
The company also is reopening its headquarters but limiting the number of employees working there to three at any one time to maintain social distancing. The rest of its corporate staff continues to work from home.
“We examined every touchpoint we have with customers during the weeks we were closed in order to protect our employees and guests to help slow or prevent the spread of the coronavirus,” said Dirk Stallmann, Verlo executive vice president. “As a family-owned, local business, we’re implementing several common-sense actions that allow us to safely resume operations, serve the community and get back to a new normal of everyday life.”
The following practices are in place at Verlo’s corporate stores:
- Masks and gloves provided to all staff and customers
- Masks required inside stores at all times
- Hand sanitizer available in multiple locations at each store
- Single-use mattress protectors and pillow protectors that are replaced after each customer visit
- Thorough store cleaning after each customer visit and a rigorous store sanitizing at the close of business
- Free doorstep delivery available with all team members wearing gloves and masks; “contactless” product pick-up also available.
Other Verlo Mattress locations will open at the discretion of franchise owners. There are 21 Verlo Mattress stores in Wisconsin and 13 more in Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa and Missouri.